On December 3, 2018 / Perma Healthcare / 0 Comments
The Significance of Exercise for Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted veins, which are visible under the skin. They usually appear on the legs. However, they can also develop on other parts of the body. Women are more susceptible to develop this condition than men.
Following are the symptoms of varicose vein:
- Leg cramps during the night
Varicose veins are usually caused due to prolonged sitting or standing. Therefore, regular exercise can help to prevent and ease the symptoms linked to varicose veins. It helps to minimize the risk of these veins.
Exercise elevates the blood pumping ability of the body. It also helps to control your bodyweight and eventually reduces the risk of developing varicose veins.
What Types of Exercises Ease the Condition of Varicose Veins?
Exercise can help to prevent the worsening of varicose vein. It can ease the pain and discomfort. Usually, low-impact exercises as mentioned below are suitable for people with varicose veins:
- Walking: Walking in routine is very much helpful in easing the varicose veins.
- Leg Lifts: Lie on your back and keep your feet straight. Now, lift one leg up at a time and then lower it down slowly. Do it again with the other leg.
- Cycling: Cycling can also be done using a stationary However, if it is not available to you then try bicycle legs exercise. Lie on your back and put legs in the air. Now pedal them slowly.
- Yoga: You can also try to do yoga. Yoga helps to stretch out the muscles. Faster moving types of yoga including Vinyasa or Ashtanga can help to maintain blood flow.
Exercises to Be Avoided in the Condition of Varicose Vein:
In the condition of varicose veins, avoid doing following exercises:
- Running: Even if running has great benefits for human health but in the condition of varicose vein it can cause serious damage. Running exerts strain and pressure on the legs.
- Weightlifting: Weightlifting offers great benefits but in the case of varicose veins, it can cause serious obstructions. It can put a lot of pressure on the blood circulation and thus, cause the worsening of the condition.